Saturday, December 10, 2011

WALMART SELLING THE HP GARDEN DREAMS PAVILION DV5-2129WM


WALMART SELLING THE HP GARDEN DREAMS PAVILION DV5-2129WM

Latest report on WALMART SELLING THE HP GARDEN DREAMS PAVILION DV5-2129WM: Walmart, the world's largest retailer, has started selling the HP Pavilion dv5-2129wm Garden Dreams Special Edition Laptop in their stores.

The HP Pavilion dv5-2129wm Garden Dreams is a 14.5-inch notebook sports a spring look, thanks to the floral design on the lid that is done in watercolor touches. It's a Walmart exclusive which means you will not find elsewhere.

The Pavilion dv5-2129wm Special Edition is powered by an AMD Turion II P540 processor and ATI Radeon HD 4250 integrated graphics. Other specifications are 4GB of RAM, a 500GB hard drive and DVD burner. The notebook runs! Windows 7 Home Premium operating system.

The HP Pavilion dv5-2129wm Garden Dreams also has WiFi-N connectivity, three USB 2.0 ports, HDMI output and a 5-in-1 memory card reader.

Pricing
The HP Pavilion dv5-2129wm Garden Dreams is priced at $ 598. It will not be a horse multimedia power, yet it is a nice deal.

2 comments:

I am a college student. I purchased this laptop based on reviews, the specs, and yes the prettiness of it. I have had this laptop almost a year, so I know what I am talking about. The first issue: The webcam. The webcam is not HD. That is my fault for not reading that in the description. However, the camera on this laptop is very low quality.
A few months into having this laptop, I came across a very strange issue. When the laptop was opened, or came back from the sleep state, a purple/pink haze would cover the screen and looked as if the screen was trying to refresh itself. It stopped almost as soon as you moved the mouse, so I ignored it. However it started getting worse and movement of the mouse wouldn't stop it. Also the laptop keyboard is really flimsy and the space bar was bowed after 6 months. It is still under the 1 year warranty so I contacted HP. Before this review goes further, please let it be known that I work in information technology and I work with computers on a daily basis, so I know somewhat what I am talking about. I contacted HP and told them the issue. They wanted me to go through the steps of updating the bios (which was current). When I informed them of that, and explained that it was a hardware issue, they went ahead and authorized me to send in my laptop. I sent it in and after they received it, the page to keep track of my repair told me it was ready to be shipped back to me a day later. It had a tracking number and everything. I waited...and waited. So while it was ready a day later, HP didn't ship it until 3 days after they said they would. When I finally got it back, all they did was replace the keyboard. They did nothing to the screen, but swore up and down that it would fix my problem. It didn't. Within a week I was having the same issue, and it was more frequent than it was before I shipped it! I called HP, refused to have a regular person help me and they escalated my case. The person I was (am) dealing with had me send my laptop back again (and they used Fed-Ex one day shipping). When it got there, it only took one day again and they shipped it back. Looking at the paperwork all they did (AGAIN) was replace the keyboard. This time when I opened my laptop and turned it on, the haze and pink lines were there again instantly. This is where I am at in this process now. The person that I am working with said after this time, if it is not fixed, he can go ahead and authorize me getting a new laptop. In the midst of all this, I have missed programming assignments, and other homeworking dealing with this nonsense. All this laptop needed from the get-go was a new motherboard. They have probably spent twice the cost of a new motherboard in all the one day shipping they have done. I don't know what kind of techs HP has working for them, but someone needs to let them know that a KEYBOARD DOES NOT FIX ALL!

Thanx for sharing your experience here Leslie. I am sure other users will be careful.

Post a Comment

You are most welcome for making comments here. I will consider your view and will reply you soon.